The iPhone Files:
1) EVERY time the pickup is running ALWAYS charge one or more cellular devices! Even if you are just driving down the road to check water, or put out mineral, or trailer to some pasture. A few minutes on the charger might mean the difference between getting that extremely cool roping shot or not.
2) WHENEVER the generator is fired up- say to use to use a drill or some other power tool necessary to fix a corral, immediately run for laptop and charger. Fuel is already getting guzzled by that noisy beast, you might as well utilize it, waste not!
3) IF and WHEN it rains or snows too much to make it out of the yard due to mud, ice, bald tires, a trailer full of horses or a combination of everything listed, make sure to utilize this down time and a charged computer (charged because you had the foresight take advantage of the generator running) to be productive: download and save pictures, edit photos, compose articles, watch a movie (because that’s the logical thing to do when its crappy outside), etc. etc.
4) IF YOU HAVE the option and the service, like I do at the moment writing this, take advantage of that hotspot setting to hook your computer up to your phone’s internet data!
5) MAKE sure to get the wifi password of every bar and restaurant that you might possibly end up in to save your data, and finally….
6) SOMETIMES IT IS necessary to use the fuel and drive to that big hill, the one that the cell towers can actually reach in order to send an important text or email.
Until next time and Happy Valentines Day,
Ceily Rae Highberger
All photos in “The iPhone Files” are taken with my iPhone 6s